The Service Transition (ST) module is one of the qualifications within the ITIL® Service Lifecycle category of the ITIL® Intermediate level. The certification demonstrates the candidate’s knowledge of process elements, practice components, and management techniques to build, test and implement products and services.
Cullinan Academy’s training programme for the ITIL® Intermediate ST Module includes online training. The courseware has been approved by CSME and includes quizzes and sample test papers.
The ST module is focused on equipping professionals with the knowledge of best practices required for implementing change decided upon during the Service Strategy and Service Design stages of the ITIL® Service Lifecycle.
- Describe the purpose, principles and processes in service transition
- Identify how to manage people through service transitions
- Identify how to organize for service transition
- Define the technological considerations in service transition
- Identify how to implement and improve service transition
- Identify challenges, critical success factors and risks
Prerequisites: To be eligible for the ITIL® Managing Across the Lifecycle certification, candidates have to fulfill the following requirements:
- A minimum 21 hours of instruction with an Accredited Training Organization (or an accredited e-learning solution)
- ITIL Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management
- A basic IT literacy and around 2 years IT experience are highly desirable