The Service Operation (SO) module is one of the qualifications within the ITIL® Service Lifecycle category of the ITIL® Intermediate level. The SO module focusses on coordination of the activities involved during service strategy design and transition phase. This certification is aimed at the professionals involved in management of Service Operations.
Cullinan Academy ITIL® Intermediate SO certification training includes both online and classroom training that allows candidates to prepare for the ITIL® SO exam in the comfort of their own place and/or in a Classroom learning environment.
- Describe the Service Operation’s purpose, objectives, scope and value to business and the key components of ITIL library
- Explain the involvement of Service Operation staff within other lifecycle stages
- Describe the Operational Activities in other Lifecycle Stages
- Explain how Service Operation (SO) is organized and how its functions are structured
- List the challenges, critical success factors and risks associated with Service Operations
Prerequisites: To be eligible for the examination leading to the ITIL® SO Certificate, the candidate must fulfill the following requirements:
- Undertake at least 21 contact hours (hours of instruction, excluding breaks, with an Accredited Training Organization (ATO) or an accredited e-learning solution) for this syllabus, as part of a formal, approved training course/scheme.
- A basic IT literacy and around 2 years IT experience are highly desirable.
- Hold the ITIL® Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management (or other appropriate earlier ITIL® and bridge qualifications.
- It is also recommended that candidates should complete at least 21 hours of personal study by reviewing the syllabus and the ITIL Service Operation publication in preparation for the examination, specifically Chapter 2: Service management as a practice.