The Service Design (SD) module is one of the qualifications within the ITIL® Service Lifecycle category of the ITIL® Intermediate level. The certification demonstrates the candidate’s knowledge of good practices in the design of IT services, processes, and other aspects of IT service management.
Simplilearn’s training programme for the ITIL® Intermediate SD Module includes both online and classroom training. The courseware has been approved by CSME and includes quizzes and sample test papers.
The Service Design module focuses on the design of IT services, covering the architectures, processes, policies and documentation. This enables candidates to design services, hence meeting the needs of the organization.
- Understand the purpose, principles and processes in service design
- Identify technology-related activities and considerations in service design
- Identify how to organize, implement and improve service design
- Identify challenges, critical success factors and risks
Prerequisites: ITIL Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management which shall be presented as documentary evidence to gain admission. The Service Design qualification can only be taken as part of an accredited training course. To be eligible for the ITIL® Intermediate Module – Service Design qualification, the following requirements have to be met:
- A minimum 21 hours of instruction with an Accredited Training Organization (or an accredited e-learning solution)
- ITIL Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management