TIL® Intermediate Operational Support and Analysis (OSA) module is an ITIL® qualification focused on planning, implementation and optimization of OSA processes. The ITIL® Intermediate Qualification: Operational Support and Analysis (OSA) Certificate is a freestanding qualification but is also part of the ITIL® Intermediate Capability stream, and one of the modules that leads to the ITIL® Expert Certificate in IT Service Management.
Cullinan Academy’s ITIL® Intermediate OSA Certification Training enhances ones’ skills to apply core practices to support the service management lifecycle in real-time. The OSA module is one of the key ITIL® Service Capability modules and allows participants to enhance their ITIL® knowledge and skills enabling them to execute and implement specific ITIL® processes effectively.
Cullinan Academy offers ITIL® Intermediate OSA certification training that allows candidate’s to prepare for the ITIL® OSA exam in the comfort of their own place.
At the end of Simplilearn’s training in ITIL® Intermediate OSA, you will be able to:
- Apply OSA practices to enable event, incident, request, problem, access, technical, IT operations and application management.
- Identify how to manage the everyday operation of IT services
- Identify improvements to the implementation of ITIL processes to deliver and support customer services
- Describe the management and resolution of regarding people, relationships, procedures and infrastructure technology to enable high quality and cost effective IT services
- Identify challenges, critical success factors and risks
Prerequisites: Candidates wishing to be trained and examined for this qualification must already hold the ITIL Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management which shall be presented as documentary evidence to gain admission. ITIL Intermediate exam is governed by EXIN and CSME. Professionals require 28 hours of professional training before attending exam on ITIL Intermediate capabilities modules.