ITIL® Intermediate Qualification: RCV Certificate is a freestanding qualification, and is also part of the ITIL® Intermediate Capability stream. It is one of the modules leading to the ITIL® Expert qualification in IT Service Management.
The purpose of this course and the associated exam and certificate is to impart, test, and validate the knowledge on industry practices in Service Management as documented in the ITIL® Service Lifecycle core publications. The ITIL® Certificate in RCV is intended to enable candidates to apply RCV for successful planning, testing and implementation of new services meeting organizational and user requirements.
Cullinan Academy offers ITIL® Intermediate RCV certification training that allows candidates to prepare for the ITIL® RCV exam in the comfort of their own place.
- Describe organizing for Release, Control, and Validation, including roles, responsibilities, activities, and functions to achieve operational excellence
- Outline how to measure Release, Control, and Validation
- Define technology and implementation considerations for Release, Control, and Validation
- List challenges, Critical Success Factors, and risks in Release, Control, and Validation
- Define terminology related to Release, Control, and Validation
- Pass the Release, Control, and Validation certification examination
Prerequisites: Candidates wishing to be trained and examined for this qualification must already hold the ITIL Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management which shall be presented as documentary evidence to gain admission. To be eligible for the examination leading to the ITIL® Release, Control and Validation Certificate, the candidate must fulfill the following requirements:
- Undertake at least 30 contact hours (hours of instruction, excluding breaks, with an Accredited Training Organization (ATO) or an accredited e-learning solution) for this syllabus, as part of a formal, approved training course/scheme.
- 2 to 4 years professional experience working in IT service management is highly desirable
- Hold the ITIL® Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management (or other appropriate earlier ITIL® and bridge qualifications.)
- It is also recommended that candidates should complete a minimum of 12 hours of personal study by reviewing the syllabus and the pertinent areas within the ITIL® Service Transition and ITIL® Service Operation core guidance in preparation for the examination, specifically Chapter 2: Service management as a practice.